September 15, 2022
Ministry of Defense Japan
- The Inaugural Japan-Philippines-U.S. Trialteral Defense Policy Dialogue (TDPD) was held last 13 September 2022 via video teleconference.
- The Japanese delegation was led by Mr. MIURA Jun, Director General for International Affairs, Bureau of Defense Policy. The Philippines delegation was led by Ms. Marita I. Yoro, CESO III, Director of the Office for Strategic Assessments and International Affairs. The U.S. delegation was led by Ms. Lindsey W. Ford, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense.
- They exchanged views on common defense and security challenges to include maritime security challenges with an emphasis on the importance of upholding freedom of navigation and overflight and the rules-based order to ensure peace and stability in the region.
- The three officials also discussed possible areas of cooperation in the following fields: maritime security and maritime domain awareness, cyber security, information sharing, and humanitarian assistance and disaster response (HADR).
- The meeting ended with an agreement among the delegations to regularly convene the said dialogue.